I posted before about the Flax Egg replacer. Then I realized that it’s not the only replacer and not necessarily the best for each recipe. So, here’s a collection of other egg replacers that may work for your recipes.
Note: I have not tried all of these personally. I prefer to stick to flax eggs and applesauce, depending on the type of recipe I’m making.
For sweet baking like muffins, cupcakes, etc I generally use applesauce or banana. For savory baking like breads, buns, etc I lean towards the flax or chia replacer.
Whole Egg Replacers:
- Flax Egg: 1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons water = 1 egg (mix and let sit 10-15 min)
- Chia Egg: 1 tablespoon chia seed + 3 tablespoons water = 1 egg (mix and let sit 10-15 min)
- Banana Egg: 1 medium-sized mashed banana = 1 egg
- Applesauce Egg: 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce + 1/4 teaspoon baking soda = 1 egg
- Cornstarch Egg: 2 tablespoons cornstarch = 1 egg
- Arrowroot Egg: 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour = 1 egg
- Potato Starch Egg: 2 tablespoons potato starch = 1 egg
- Soy Egg: 1 heaping tablespoon soy powder + 2 tablespoons water = 1 egg
- Soy/Cornstarch Egg: 1 tablespoon soy milk powder + 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water = 1 egg
- Tofu Egg: 1 tablespoon mashed tofu + 1 tablespoon water = 1 egg
- Ener-G Egg: Follow instructions on package = 1 egg
Egg White Replacers:
- Agar Egg White: 1 tablespoon agar powder + 1 tablespoon water = 1 egg white (whip, chill, whip again)
Hope that helps. If you know of other good egg replacer/substitutes out there, post in the comments please!