Bombay Sapphire is Glory in a Blue Bottle

Guess what?

I like gin.

I’ve always liked gin. Probably before it was legal for me to like gin, I liked gin. It was the smell of gin that I loved. All herbaceous and non-violating to my delicate senses.

Bombay Sapphire is my favorite. It must be the “10 exotic botanicals” including almond, lemon peel, liquorice, juniper berries, orris root, angelica, coriander, cassia, cubeb, and grains of paradise. Actually, I highly recommend checking out their site for some education on what some of those ingredients actually are.

So, it’s no surprise that gin is my drink of choice when I go out.

And when I stay in.

Disclaimer: I am not an alcoholic. Please don’t jump to conclusions. Okay, go ahead. You’re probably right about whatever you were thinking . . .

By the way, Bombay Sapphire is happily completely vegan.

Edited May 1, 2012 to add:

I’ve had someone ask about whether Bombay Sapphire is gluten-free. I’ve also seen a lot of search engine traffic find this post asking that very same question. In our case, Levi has never experienced any gluten issues with Bombay Sapphire. He’s never had a gut or skin reaction. That being said, we are aware that there is some discussion about whether or not spirits, including gin, are truly gluten-free. For this reason, I feel like I should be clear that just because Levi doesn’t have a problem with it, doesn’t mean every person with a gluten sensitivity, intolerance, or allergy will also be fine consuming it – or any other spirits for that matter. If you know of any 100% for-sure gluten-free gins out there, I’d be curious to know which ones and what you think of them.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Bombay Sapphire is Glory in a Blue Bottle”

1. everything-free
    May 1, 2012 at 12:31 am #

Hello! Is this brand of gin also gluten-free? I’m assuming so from the title of your blog, but I just wanted to confirm! I have a significant amount of food allergies and have to be extremely careful with the distillation processes (many gluten-free alcohols contain or have been contaminated by oat or millet – neither of which I can consume). I’m sure there website has this information, but I thought I’d ask in the event that you knew! Thank you!

• Megan
      May 1, 2012 at 5:52 am #

Hey there! Levi has never had any problem with Bombay Sapphire gin and he can be pretty sensitive. That being said, I notice there’s some controversy over spirits and which of them are truly gluten-free. I wouldn’t want to say Bombay Sapphire is safe for all with gluten intolerances or allergies because of this fact. Especially since you’re extremely sensitive as you’ve described, my instinct would say to avoid this – and likely all gins, for that matter.

I am going to update the post to explain that Levi has never had an issue but add a warning/disclaimer just in case. I’d hate someone to get sick because he’s fine with it. (Goes to show how different each person with Celiac Disease can react differently, hey?)

If you come across a truly gluten-free and safe gin, I’d love to hear about it!

~Megan

2. Stan Moore
    May 23, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

From what I can tell, Hendricks is G/F, and to boot, it’s a most wonderful gin.

• Megan
      May 23, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

Oooo I do like Hendricks too! Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

3. Rylan
    June 24, 2012 at 11:48 pm #

Just reading your sweet blog…..pretty fantastic…..oh and say hi to Levi for me

4. Rylan
    June 24, 2012 at 11:53 pm #

PS. I especially love Levi’s special drink that he used to
    Bring over all the time fuzzy peach or what ever he called it dee-lish

5. christine
    August 17, 2012 at 10:37 am #

Chase gin is gluten free and the best gin I have ever tasted

• Megan
      August 18, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Thanks for the suggestion Christine. I’ll be sure to look out for it on my next trip to the liquor store. I’ll never say no to trying a new brand of gin. :D

6. August 20, 2014 at 8:47 am #

What’s up mates, its wonderful piece of writing concerning educationand fully defined,
    keep it up all the time.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The 6 Best Gluten-Free Alcohols & Hard Liquors | Feed Me Phoebe - September 16, 2013

[…] say “is this gluten-free?” in French. Here’s a confirmation from one of the brand reps. Bombay Saphire is also […]