Not going to lie. Caesar salad is my all time #1 thing to eat. Not that crap you get at restaurants around here though. Real homemade garlicky Caesar salad dressing.
My old personal recipe uses dairy and egg so definitely not Levi or vegan-friendly.
I found a recipe in the cookbook ‘The Conscious Cook’ by Tal Ronnen, and it used tons of ingredients I didn’t have, then went and bought, but still have yet to make. Annoying.
Then I found this recipe online by OhSheGlows.com and well … it seems so simple.
She also has a recipe for vegan parmesan cheese and yeah I totally am using it.
Here’s her recipe for Easy Vegan Caesar Salad. I am stoked about this because I have all the ingredients on hand already and won’t need to run out for something obscure. So, thank you Angela Liddon.
I added a few of my own touches below.
Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup 3 minute Vegan Parmesan cheeze
- 6 tbsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Dried parsley, sprinkle
- Dash hot sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Refrigerate dressing for an hour to allow flavors to meld. Dressing will thicken up in the fridge and you can add more water to thin it out of necessary.
Makes about 2/3 of a cup.