I made these Pumpkin Pie Bars a short while ago. And I mentioned how the crust tasted just like a Lara Bar.
So it got me to thinking … why can’t I just use the crust as a basis for a snack bar … like a Lara Bar. Except let’s add fun stuff to it. Because I can.
This is a treat that is sweetened completely naturally with dates and dried cherries. There is no added sugar or sweetener. There’s healthful organic raw cacao nibs and chia seeds, too.
Another bonus to this recipe? It’s completely raw and doesn’t require any baking. Just chill it for a bit to help it firm up before cutting and that’s that!
- 1 cup pecan pieces (or more if you’re using whole pecans)
- ½ cup almond meal
- 8 soft pitted dates (soaked if they are dry)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup dried pitted cherries
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until it forms a ball.
- Press into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Chill, then cut into squares or granola-bar sized bars.