My Life, Right Now

I’ve been making apologies via Twitter and Facebook about my neglectful posting for a couple weeks now. I have recipes I want to finish off and take pictures of so that I can post them, but I just can’t seem to get them done.

Here’s why.

My house is a disaster zone. The kitchen specifically.

We’re not only renovating our kitchen but it seems like our entire house is getting a makeover. We knew when it came time to do the kitchen it would all end up happening at once. That’s usually how it goes. I suppose I didn’t expect the kitchen project would happen so soon. Not that I’m complaining.

Don’t cry too hard for me, though. It’s for a good cause. At the end of all of this I’ll have a nice new dream kitchen and house. Meantime, it’s really becoming a pain in the butt to try to cook – not only for the blog but just for our own sustenance.

I had set aside time during this past May Long Weekend to do a bunch of cooking. This coincided with Levi’s recent efforts to play ‘what’s behind that piece of drywall’ in my kitchen. So, in between planting my (very first) garden and doing yard work, I was cleaning drywall dust from every imaginable surface and crack in my kitchen. Needless to say, I didn’t get any real blog cooking done.

It’s funny how it makes me feel too. Like I am letting everyone down.

There have been other exciting things happening in our house lately too. We had a big water line break somewhere between the street and our house which flooded our basement last week. We were without water for nearly 2 days and now we are running off an auxiliary water supply from our neighbor’s house until we dig up our front yard, locate and repair the break, and fill the giant hole. I don’t really care about that much anymore because I’m so thankful to have running water.

The important thing (to me, anyway) is that you all know I’m not slacking off purposely and that I am not trying to be neglectful.

So please check back often, or even better, just subscribe to receive the email alerts and I promise there will be a new recipe or two very shortly.

Tags: , , , , ,

13 Responses to “My Life, Right Now”

1. Quentin Karmark
    May 22, 2012 at 4:55 pm #

I think you forgot to get Levi to shoot photos of you too, or is that a liberal use of the term ‘we’?

• Megan
      May 22, 2012 at 5:04 pm #

Hahaha I think you hit the nail on the head Quentin. When I say ‘we’ it’s obvious I mean ‘me telling Levi what to do’. Naturally. Obviously. ;-)

• Quentin Karmark
        May 22, 2012 at 5:33 pm #

Are you removing the ceiling stipple?

• Megan
          May 22, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

Yes we are getting rid of the heavy stipple and redoing it with something more modern. We had to redo it anyway because of patching the ceiling where the wall once stood. It’s a very messy job. Something Levi is considering outsourcing for the rest of the job.

2. BigDave
    May 22, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

#yolo

• Megan
      May 22, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

So deep Dave. ;-) You’ll have to come for a visit once it’s all done. I’ll have a nicely stocked liquor cabinet in there somewhere, I’m sure.

3. Karen
    May 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm #

What??? The powder blue carpet is gone!!!!! The basement was flooded!!!!! Personally I’d be heading to a hotel for a week or two.

• Megan
      May 23, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

Yes, the powder blue carpet is gone! (Mostly.) I would love to go to a tropical resort for a week or two. See if you can convince Levi. Could it be a business write-off? Cook the books somehow? Hehehe, kidding! You’ll have to come over and experience the chaos first-hand.

4. Tiina
    May 23, 2012 at 9:06 pm #

Renovation is exciting, exhausting, and annoying – but you’ll be living large when you’re done. We’ll wait patiently for your full time return! I always enjoy your posts. Best wishes.

• Megan
      May 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Thanks so much Tina. Hopefully I’ll be back in full swing soon enough. I anticipate lots of BBQ recipes in my future – it might be the only form of cooking I have – if this rain we’ve been having ever lets up.

5. Karen
    May 23, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

I think it’s only a business write-off if you take your bookkeeper….. when do you want to leave?

• Megan
      May 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

My bags are packed … see you in 10 minutes! Bring your sunscreen. ;-)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Eggplant Quinoa Bites | The Gluten Free Vegan - May 23, 2012

[...] much from me lately on my blog. But then I realized it sounded totally whiny. Instead I just wrote this post with a few pics so you could see for yourself what I’ve been living in. Pretty exciting [...]