This isn’t much of a recipe. I make no apologies for that. This is all about amazing produce that looks and tastes beautiful.
I feel like I am bragging but I can’t take much credit for these. They are beautiful on their own. They grew all on their own without much attention from me. I thinned them once and then basically forgot about them. They did just fine without me.
These are a purple variety but I forget the exact name. They are really just like orange carrots with a bruising of purple on the outside.
A tender scrubbing and trimming is all these little gems need. A quick steam and a light bath in a simple mixture of vegan margarine, maple syrup and fresh garlic. That’s it.
- 2 lbs fresh garden carrots, scrubbed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly or chopped finely
- salt and pepper
- Steam carrots until just tender-crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Melt margarine over low heat in a large skillet. Add maple syrup and garlic.
- Let simmer over low until garlic is softened, stirring often.
- Add steamed carrots and toss until coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.