What does breakfast look like for you? So rare is a moment that we enjoy a sit-down breakfast in our pyjamas. So rare. Our busy weekday mornings generally consist of a quick hash out of what’s on the day’s agenda for our business with a smoothie in one hand, a coffee to-go in the other, ending with a quick kiss and me calling after Levi to drive safely. But the weekend is a different story. We can ease into the day a couple hours later than usual. Though I generally still enjoy my vegan Shakeology on the weekends too, I also like to add something just a little bit more.
It’s hearty. It’s filling. It’s energizing. It’s great all-weather food too.
The great thing about this recipe is you literally can add in whatever you like. Swap out nuts, dried fruits, seeds. The combinations are endless. I’ve included a lovely little chart of possible add-ins and you’re all set.
In this batch of granola I used dried cherries, pecans, chia seeds and hemp seeds. I should have added hemp seeds and buckwheat to the chart above. Whoops.
Make sure you’re using certified gluten-free oats if you’re Celiac or have a serious gluten intolerance. We love Only Oats brand and Bob’s Red Mill too.
- 3½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dried fruit of choice
- 3 tablespoons seeds of choice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon good quality vanilla extract
- ¼ cup grape seed oil (or other light flavored oil)
- ¼ cup agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well to combine. Spread on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Let cool, then store in an airtight container.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate link(s). If you click through and purchase something I receive compensation. Thank you for supporting my blogging.